Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter...


Well, it's Easter, and here in Florence that means alot. Gorgeous creations at the local bakeries (This one is from Gilli near Piazza Republicca), eggs, chocolate, cake...yum. This doozy of an egg is one I don't even think I could eat.

Too pretty by far.

As for me, I went on spring break to Dublin. Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous. My pictures are currently classified (IE, I took them with Sophie's camera and haven't gotten them from her yet), so you'll simply have to make do with pretty eggs.
On a further note, I'm still working on my thesis. Getting close to the line here, and I've got the chunk of it finished. So close...so very close. Tomorrow we're going to go watch some fireworks and eat brunch with the rest of the conservation trolls. (No, I'm not using the royal we here, I mean me and Sophie) I'm making pasta salad.
And speaking of things I've made recently.That's not something I've made recently. But I couldn't find a picture of the apple tarts I made...dammit. They were pretty good, apparently. I didn't get one. I was very ill last weekend. Honestly it's the sickest I've been in years. I'm still on the recovery so my eating habits are all funky. I just couldn't stomach the thought of eating apples so...my class enjoyed them very much though. Just cooked chopped apples with cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, honey and lemon juice put in dough shells(precooked) and then topped with sweetened cinnamon marscapone cheese and some almonds. Served cold.

Here's another photo of the window at Gilli's. I don't think the dog is made of chocolate, but it did come with chocolate eggs and the fact is, it's adorable beyond all reason.

I've been sending out submissions to agents and magazines.

I've decided to make a count.

Agent Submissions - 6
Rejections - 3
Awaiting Judgment - 3
Accepted - 0
Manuscript Submissions - 5
Rejections - 3
Awaiting Judgment - 2 (also awaiting my shipping them)
Accepted - 0
Magazine Submissions - 4
Rejections - 3
Awaiting Judgment - 0
Accepted - 1 (unpaid, school publication)

That's a bit depressing, eh? More depressing, three of those no's were this past week alone. I've applied to some jobs recently as well, which I won't disclose out of superstition. I really, really, want one of them. Really. Really really really. See, I'm reverting to a four year old just at the thought. In the meantime, I await the judgment of the agents I've submitted to (three separate projects for those of you wondering) before sending out those two manuscript submissions. I'd also like to be in the states when I do it.

In further news, I've been accepted into college for the fall, so that takes care of a few things. I'll be continuing for a BA in Archaeology which I plan to use as a platform for my paper conservation MA plans. I highly recommend having a plan. I plan to continue to make plans. As not planning seems to get me into trouble.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment